Featured post

Drifting

  “ It is crucial that we keep a firm grip on what we’ve heard so that we don’t drift off” Hebrew 2:1MSG It’s beautiful to see an individual...

Sunday 12 March 2017

When God's ways becomes silence. What's next??

Humans are rightly said to be higher animals but one trait we seem to have in consonants with the animals is the adaptation to a one way life, pattern or  experience.
When you teach an animal a trick, they expect same virtually always. Likewise when God relates with us a certain way(s), come to us through certain route over a long period of time, we seem to expect Him through that way or route always. Or, in His absence through that route; we could on a second thought expect another.
Just like Abraham if God fails(choose not) to come to us again in a soft voice, we could expect a long roar.
Or like Moses, we would expect a burning bush or His bright shining face if He refuses to appear like the pillar of fire by night or cloud by the day.
Again like Elijah, we could expect He reveals His wonders to the Baals or send the raven when in hunger.
Like Jacob, we may expect an angel or to find favour.
Yet if we were Christ Jesus we would expect a dove or an immediate response to our prayer.
The list goes on and you could even expect Him in the different ways He had showed up in your xircumstance or that you heard about others.
                  BUT…………..
            BUT………
      BUT……
BUT…
What if He chose silence as His means this time?
Would we still recognise His silent presence in the mist of those challenges??
…that rough & turbulent sea???
…that ‘ forsaken moments’ ????
I doubt if even David had remembered his songs of the Psalm:
I can never escape from your spirit! I can never get away from your presence!  If I go up to heaven, you’re there; if I go to the place of the dead, you’re there. If I ride in the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.                 I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night, even there I cannot hide from you because, to you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are both alike to you. Psalm 139:7ff
God’s silent presence is always with us. His presence is always with us even in the silent sea depth
May we be endued to recognise it always in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment